Are You in the Will?
Passage: Galatians 4:1–7
- share in Jesus’ inheritance
- are indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and
- have God as their Father.
Illustration: The Law of God is temporary (Gal 4:1-3)
Connection: The gospel is how one is adopted and becomes an heir (Gal 4:4-5)
Implication: Christians have God as their Father (Gal 4:6-7)
“Abba” in Scripture:
- Mark 14:36 - “And he said, ‘Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.’”
- Romans 8:15-16 - “For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, ‘Abba! Father!’ The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.”
- Galatians 4:6
More in Galatians
October 1, 2023The Good News...of Your Local Church
September 24, 2023The Holy Spirit: Your Divine Roommate
September 17, 2023Another Gospel?: Why False Teaching Promises Deliverance but Offers Damnation