Saved By Works: Yours or Christ's?
Passage: Galatians 5:2–12
You have to choose whose works will save you: Yours or Christ? You cannot choose both.
- Consider yourself warned (vv. 2-6)
- May the Lord see you through (vv. 7–12)
A Christian is a person who has fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior for the forgiveness of their sins. They now possess the Holy Spirit as a pledge of their inheritance in Christ. What happens when someone becomes a Christian:
- They are justified. (Romans 5:1)
- They are given eternal life. (John 3:16)
- They are given and sealed by the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 1:13-14)
- They are redeemed. (1 Peter 1:18-19)
- They become a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- They are promised glorification. (Romans 8:30)
More in Galatians
October 1, 2023The Good News...of Your Local Church
September 24, 2023The Holy Spirit: Your Divine Roommate
September 17, 2023Another Gospel?: Why False Teaching Promises Deliverance but Offers Damnation