The Civil War that is Not Civil, Part One
Passage: Galatians 5:16–24
Christians delight in God’s way and fight against their godless desires.
- What’s your problem? (vv. 16-18)
- How bad is it? (vv. 19-21)
- Where do you begin? (v. 24)
A biblical understanding of sin:
- Sin is stubborn rebellion against God’s rightful authority.
- Sin is flagrant rejection of God’s holy law.
- Sin is unmeasurable perversion of God’s good creation.
- Sin is committing adultery with a sinful world.
- Sin is when proud humanity turns away from the source of life.
- Sin is calling Satan honest and God a liar.
- Sin is the despising of the sacrifice of God’s Son.
- Sin is being foolish in its wisdom, reckless in its decisions, and selfish in its desires.
“So, when the devil throws your sins in your face and declares that you deserve death and hell, tell him this: ‘I admit that I deserve death and hell, what of it? For I know One who suffered and made satisfaction on my behalf. His name is Jesus Christ, Son of God, and where He is there I shall be also!’” (Martin Luther)
More in Galatians
October 1, 2023The Good News...of Your Local Church
September 24, 2023The Holy Spirit: Your Divine Roommate
September 17, 2023Another Gospel?: Why False Teaching Promises Deliverance but Offers Damnation