We believe that membership to a local church is of prime importance. The church is God's plan A, as it is the chief means he uses to make His glory known in this world.
As members of Grace Church, we affirm this covenant with one another by God’s grace, for our good, and ultimately for God’s glory. These expectations for our members do not extend beyond the responsibilities that Scripture establishes for all believers. Thus, Grace Church membership is a commitment before God and one another to obey the Biblical principles for men and women in the church, specifically with this local congregation.
Grace Church Membership Covenant
We have been brought by God’s sovereign grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to surrender our lives to him. Having been baptized upon our profession of faith, we do now, relying on His grace, solemnly and joyfully covenant with one another, as one body of Christ. By the help of the Holy Spirit:
• We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
• We will be devoted to one another in love. We will patiently bear with each other with humility and gentleness, forgiving, encouraging and building one another up, exercising watchfulness over each other and admonishing one another when necessary.
• We will not neglect to gather together, nor neglect to pray for ourselves and others.
• We will endeavor to bring up children as may at any time be under our care, in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, and by a loving example to seek the salvation of our family, friends, and neighbors.
• We will rejoice at each other’s happiness and endeavor with tenderness and sympathy to bear each other’s burdens and sorrows.
• We will seek to live carefully in the world, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts in the pursuit of holiness, remembering that we have been buried with Christ in baptism and raised to walk in newness of life.
• We will work together for the continuance of a faithful gospel ministry in this church, as we sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines. We will cheerfully and regularly financially support the ministry of this church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel to all nations.
• We will, when we move from this place, as soon as possible, unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all.